Saturday, March 19, 2011

Chris and his big ACCIDENT!!!!!

On February 27, 2011, Chris was involved in a scary accident. The story goes like this: he was going to the gas station and was barely on his way when the driver's side tire popped and Chris lost control of the van. He ran through a red light and plowed right into a big Expedition going through the green light. Chris was actually ejected through the driver's side window. Luckily, he suffered only small injuries for such an accident. Here are some pictures of what the van looked like when I went to get all of our stuff out of it. I was sad to say goodbye, but greatful that Chris is ok.





Chris was taken right to the trauma hospital and admitted to the ER. It was one of the worst phone calls I have ever gotten. I was already worried because he had been gone for over an hour and not answering his phone, when the social worker called me and told me that he was ejected from the van and that was all she knew. Chris's parents drove me to the hospital and the bottom picture shows what he looked like when I walked into his room.
This picture was taken 2 days after he got home. He only had to stay overnight in the hospital and has recovered very well. There are no scabs left and he was up and doing stuff the next day.
Here he is right before his surgery to get his face scrubbed


This is what he looked like the first time I saw him.


We are very greatful that he is still here with us and that he was able to recover so quickly!!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment